The main mission of the Genotyping Facility of this service is to identify specific alleles by PCR amplification in transgenic mice housed at the CIG. The PCRs are performed by a robot system (Freedom EVO, Tecan) and analysed with a fully automated high-resolution, 96-sample capillary electrophoresis system (Qiaxcel, Qiagen).
- Genotyping of mice samples (ear, embryo, tail, toe)
- Consulting (DNA extraction, primer testing, establishment/optimization of allele screening protocols, testing of new reagents,...)
- Set up genotyping procedures for other species (e.g. plants)
- Provide access to the Qiaxcel DNA/RNA capillary electrophoresis system (runs 96 samples in < 1h).
General terms apply as described here.
- Biopsies should be taken and placed in 1.5 ml microtubes properly labelled on top of the lid with the identification number of the mouse (Lab ID: 2 letters + unique number). They have to be immediately stored at -20°C.
- An Analyses Request Form has to be filled up for each genotyping and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After genotyping, samples are stored 6 months
Request a service: email@example.com
Head of the facility
|firstname.lastname@example.org||2013||021 692 4136|
|Katharina Hausherremail@example.com||2013||021 692 4136|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||5023||021 692 41 43|
Rooms, equipment & link to other relevant facilities