Strategic Partnerships offer the opportunity to organisations active in the field of education as well as public and private organisations active in other fields, to cooperate in order to implement innovative practices leading to high quality teaching, training, learning, etc.
A variety of activities (such as short or long term staff or teaching mobility, intensive study programs, mobility combining virtual and physical mobility, etc.) can be funded under the "Strategic Partnership" action, as long as the proposal demonstrates that these activities are appropriate to reach the objectives defined in the project
The activities which aim at the following may be supported:
- enhancing the quality and innovativeness of learning and teaching,
- developing new curricula,
- building bridges between the different sectors of education
- fostering more intense forms of cooperation to achieve the modernisation objectives, including a better exploitation of open education resources.
Strategic Partnerships are transnational and involve a minimum of three organisations from three different Programme Countries. Switzerland is a Partner country and thus does not count in this minimum.
Financial support is available for:
- Project management and implementation
- Transnational project meetings (contribution to travel and subsistence costs)
- Intellectual output (curricula, pedagogical material, IT tools, etc.)
- Multiplier events (conferences, seminars)
Maximum grant available for a Strategic Partnership activity : EUR 150,000 per year.
A participating organisation can be any public or private organisation established in a Programme Country or in any Partner Country of the world (Switerland is a Partner Country).
How to apply
Any participating organisation established in a Programme Country can be the applicant. This organisation applies on behalf of all participating organisations.
The applicant should apply by responding to the yearly call for proposals. Applications should be submitted to the National Agency of the country in which the applicant organisation is established.
There will be a call each year. Please check the EACEA’s website for the general call for proposal and up-to-date application deadlines.