The Department of Computational Biology is one of the ten departments within the "Section des Sciences Fondamentales" of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne.
The Department has active links with other departments in the Faculty of Biology and Medicine like the Center for Integrative Genomics, the Department of Ecology and Evolution or the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology. We also collaborate with several units in the nearby hospital like the Medical Genetics unit and the Oncology Department.
DBC research groups
- Prof. Sven Bergmann: Integrative analysis of large-scale biological and clinical data and study of small genetic networks
- Prof. Giovanni Ciriello: Computational and systems biology approaches to study functional interrelationships between molecular alterations selected in cancer
- Prof. Alma Dal Co: Multicellular organization and function
- Prof. Olivier Delaneau: Systems and Population Genetics Group
- Prof. Christophe Dessimoz: Understanding gene evolution and function using statistical and computational methods
- Prof. Anna-Sapfo Malaspinas: Genomic data for modern and ancient human samples and development of analytical and computational methods
- Prof. Nicolas Salamin: Computational phylogenetics to model the evolution of organisms and their genomes
- Prof. Dirk Fasshauer : Molecular mechanisms of neuronal secretion