The PhD program in Business Analytics is very selective, and accepts only a few doctoral students each year to ensure a high quality and tailored-made supervision process.
There are two ways to apply to the programme:
- Via the job application website of the University of Lausanne when assistantship or scholarship positions are available
- Via the online application platform for spontaneous applications
Spontaneous applicants must secure the agreement of a potential supervisor before submitting their application.
In both cases, candidates should submit the following documents (in either French or English):
- a CV
- a letter of motivation
- Bachelor and Master transcripts of grades
- a reference letter from the proposed PhD supervisor (for spontaneous applications only)
- a reference letter from the supervisor of the MSc thesis or another professor from the MSc degree
- a 1-page document outlining the applicants' research interests
Further documents may be required afterwards.
Only Full Professors, Associate Professors, Tenure-Track Assistant Professors and Senior Lecturers can supervise a doctoral thesis.
Education and language requirement
An MSc degree with a strong quantitative component is necessary at the time of enrolment. Eligible fields include Business Analytics, Engineering. Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research.
The dissertation is usually written in English. Knowledge in French may be required if needed for teaching and other tasks that come with the type of financing (assistantship or scholarship).