Content of applications for admission to a Bachelor's programme with a diploma of secondary education delivered in a State who HAS NOT ratified the Lisbon Recognition Convention (if sent by post please do not staple the documents!):
- a signed copy of the confirmation of the online application sent to the candidate by e-mail immediately after applying online
- a passport format photograph
- a complete curriculum vitae up to date
- certified copies on both sides (read explanation below) of the diploma of upper secondary education (if obtained)
- certified copies on both sides (read explanation below) of records of grades (transcripts) for the last three years of upper secondary education (if the last year is in progress, provide at least the grades of the first term/semester)
- in the case of university studies, the certified copies on both sides (read explanation below) of the university diploma and diploma supplement, as well as of records of grades (transcripts) obtained in all university examinations (even if studies have not been fully completed)
- candidates transferring from another Swiss university or an HES/HEP must also provide a certificate of exmatriculation (at the latest the certificate must be provided before the start of the courses)
- If, in addition to the diploma of secondary school, a certificate of university admission is required, it must be provided by a recognised university of the country where the diploma of secondary school was granted and must concern a study place in the same orientation as that chosen at UNIL (see list of qualifications and requirements by country)
- a copy of the passport or identity card
- a proof of payment of the administrative fees (CHF 200.-)
- in addition to the copies in the original language, an authenticated translation of documents not issued in French, German, English or Italian
- for an inscription to part-time studies, the required documents (please be aware that the part-time status is not available for third country nationals (non EU/EFTA) moving to Switzerland to study).
Are considered as certified copies photocopies signed in original and on which are affixed the wet seal of the authority having made the certification.
a) Upper secondary school diploma and upper secondary school transcripts: the copies have to be officially certified by the competent ministry (Ministry of education). They have to be in the original language and joined to the application documents in an envelope sealed by the ministry. The envelope has also to contain a letter with the precise contact details (name, first name, position, postal address, e-mail, phone number) of the person having certified the copies.
b) university diplomas, university transcripts, provisional graduation certificates: the copies have to be officially certified by the university / the higher education institution that has issued the documents. They have to be in the original language and joined to the application documents in an envelope sealed by the university / higher education institution. The envelope has also to contain a letter with the precise contact details (name, first name, position, postal address, e-mail, phone number) of the person having certified the copies.
This list of documents to be supplied concerns candidates holding diplomas obtained in a State who has not ratified the Lisbon Recognition Convention. That is a State who does not appear on this list.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration, in particular if they do not contain the copies certified according to the above-mentioned procedure. The Apostille of the Hague, as well as the certifications carried out by secondary schools, the police, town halls, notaries, etc., are not sufficient.