|1. Service description
- The Centre informatique (hereafter Ci) offers UNIL staff a endpoint data backup service for personal computers (professionnal use)
- The solution provided by Ci is called "Code42 Crashplan Enterprise" from Code42 (Code42 Crashplan software)
- The license with the provider allows a service user to backup up to 4 devices
Access to Crashplan is provided to :
- academic, administrative and technical staff under contract with the UNIL
- PHD students of the UNIL
- members of some of the UNIL partner institutions (BCUL, FJME, FORS, ISDC, IUKB, SIB)
- Access to the service is automatically blocked the day after the end date of the service contract or the end date of studies of the user of the service
- The service user ensures that the Crashplan software regularly backs up the selected data
- The service user makes sure his data is not corrupted before it is backed up
- The service user modifies the data selection to be saved if necessary or if desired
- The Ci ensures the maintenance of the Crashplan solution and the communication surrounding the service
- The servers receiving data are bought by Ci
- The servers are installed on the UNIL campus
- Servers are managed by Ci staff
- Service administrators do not have access to user data
- If necessary and on request for support from a service user, temporary access to the applicant's data may be given to a service administrator.
|6. Backup frequency and data retention
- Data backup is triggered every 15 minutes
- Retention of data on backup servers is as follows:
- Last 7 days: 1 version per hour
- Last 90 days: 1 version per day
- beyond: 1 version per year
- Data deleted by the user can be retrieved up to 90 days after deletion, provided it has been saved at least once
- A device that has not been connected to the service for more than 5 months is considered obsolete and will be deactivated automatically. Notice is sent to the device-related user 7 days before the deactivation
- The maximum amount of data stored on CrashPlan servers by a user is set at 1500 GB.
- The user exceeding this limit is notified by e-mail, which contains an explanation to reduce the volume of data and a deadline for implementation.
- The user who does not respect the instructions sent will see his/her access to the data backup service be blocked, the backup of his/her devices being blocked too.
- Loss of a backup storage server involves loss of data stored on it
- Without hardware constraint, the recovery of a failing storage server should not exceed 4 business days
- The Ci reserves the right to interrupt the service for maintenance reasons
- The backup of a user station is subject to the approval of Ci and this right can be revoked if an abuse is found
- The Ci reserves the right at any time to adapt access conditions, protected files and protection rules (retention period, number of versions, directories and secure files).
- Users of the service will be notified if such changes are to take place.
- The service is free of charge for staff under contract with the UNIL and PhD students of the UNIL
- The service may be charged for external partners having a service agreement with the UNIL. The price can be requested via a request to our help desk