As you consider whether a transition beyond academia is right for you, and once you’ve made the decision to make the change, you’re not alone!
Female PhD holders at UNIL can apply to be part of the PROWD programme at the Equal Opportunities Office, with tracks for the academic or non-academic career.
The ALUMNIL network also provides support for anyone with a UNIL degree.
There are a wide variety of online resources you can consult in order to consider and prepare for the transition:
- The Relève académique portal
- The Beyond the Professoriate blog provides an array of career development support and advice.
- PhDs working in different industries and talking about what they do.
- And more PhD Career Stories here!
- My Individual Development Plan, for PhDs in the natural and life sciences.
- ImaginePhD for PhDs in the social sciences and humanities.
- Academics.com offers advice and job opportunities (academic and beyond) for Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- PhilSkills: for philosophers
- Beyond Academe : for historians
- Connected Academics : for language and literature specialists
- Using twitter, you may look for: #postac #altac #phdchat #withaphd #academic
- The recent Vitae survey on the real life experience of postdocs across Europe gives helpful thoughts on the alternatives