Need help ?

Need help ?

In a situation of conflict, crisis or any kind of personal distress, the first important action is to talk about it with someone supportive and non-judgmental. A colleague, a friend, or a professional counselor can listen and advise you on your situation, and on the next steps.


At UNIL, you can contact any of the following services or persons:

The Graduate Campus: or 021 692 21 29

The Association of PhD and intermediate staff ACIDUL, or one of the faculty associations listed here.

The Equal Opportunities Office (Bureau de l’égalité), Vieux Pressoir, 1015 Lausanne, or 021 692 20 59

Contact the Advice and Mediation Tel 021 692 22 22

Ask for a consultation at the health or 021 692 25 77

Go to the No Stress webpage (in french)

Ask for a psychological support

Contact the Human Resources

Seek help



Practical information

UNIL Students: information on campus life, facilities (Campus Card, libraries, IT, language classes, etc.) and much more.


External resources

The professor is in, by Karen L. Kelsky, PhD.

Alan Percy, "Studying a PhD: don't suffer in silence", The Guardian. Higher Education Blog, 25 March 2014.

James Hayton PhD: blog. Articles on Writing, Academic Literature and Lit Reviews, Happiness and Mental Health.

Cathy Sorbara, PhD, "7 Ways PhD Students And Academics Can Deal With Stress, Anxiety And Depression", Cheeky Scientist. Remember Your Value As A PhD.

David Gooblar, PhD, "4 Ideas for Avoiding Faculty Burnout", The Chronicle of Higher Education, Pedagogy Unbound, 3 April 2018.


Follow us:    
Unicentre  -  CH-1015 Lausanne
Tel. +41 21 692 21 29
Fax +41 21 692 20 15